Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Bribery...

So, my dearest husband and I have put ourselves on a shoestring budget because I am OOBER paranoid about having enough in savings for when we get out of the military.. Because of this, AJ has forgone his favorite energy drinks (Don't roll your eyes at me, these things are like $2.50 a piece, times 7 is $17.50 a week, times 4 is $70 a month, times 12 is $840 a year on energy drinks!! We have coffee at home thank you very much...) 
Well.... ten minutes ago AJ and I were on the phone and I wanted something, therefore this is how our conversation went...

AJ: "I think I want to go to bed early tonight. I'm exhausted."
Me: "Oh yeah? Well... Ummm.. I was thinking of stopping by Hastings and picking up the next book in the series I'm reading...." (note to viewers: I have bought and read two of these books in the past 3 days). "Would it be ok if I stopped by and picked up a book and a couple of energy drinks before I got home?" (Notice the subtle way I through that in there. Also please note that I know he could care less if I buy books, I am the one feeling guilty and using the energy drinks to reprise myself. )
AJ: "Yeah! Sounds great! But maybe I'll just pick up my energy drink now instead of later."
Me: "Oh great idea! You get yourself an energy drink now if you want, I'll just buy the book after work."

After we hung up, I felt happy knowing I would get my read on tonight.. Now, an hour or so later.. I am starting to feel guilty. Not that AJ cares. But is it bad to use energy drinks to bribe your husband? Is it an even trade when this super strict budget is mainly my idea? Maybe I should just give him sex for books.. Sex is free right? Is it the same thing? Oh what a conundrum I am in.