Friday, November 18, 2011

Round Two!

AJ & I are watching our favorite single dad's girls again tonight. If you didn't read what happened last time, you can here. It was pretty amusing.

Mortal Kombat- Anyone else remember this game?
AJ is excited about getting his second stab at babysitting. He feels more prepared this time. He wants another opportunity to tell the girls to go to bed/sleep. The last experience traumatized him slightly. Now he is so worried he won't be a good father and will raise little terrors, and...and...and... So.. he is pretty excited about another babysitting opportunity.

You see, my husband didn't have the easiest childhood. It was honestly pretty rough. He can't wait to have children but is so scared to screw up. I constantly tell him that the fear is normal, and it's a good thing. Being scared means that you care, that it matters to you, and that you will do your best.

I have no doubt that he is going to be amazing. None. I definitely share his same concern! I worry a lot too. 

To parents out there: What fears did you have before you became a parent? And how are those fears now that you are? Are they better? Worse? Etc.?

To other wanna-be-someday-parents: What are your fears and concerns? Do you have any?

Anyone else decide not to have children? Why did you make this decision? Or are you on the fence still?

Me? I'm scared that I may be that too strict mom. The one that wants to make sure my children are well mannered and well behaved and I might miss out on that closeness and friendship I want so badly with my kids. That balancing act scares me quite a bit. AJ is the opposite. He is scared he will be too much the friend and not give enough guidance and leadership as a father. 

I'll let you know how tonight go's! AJ vs. the girls: Round 2! =)

PS: I am so excited to be guest blogging today on one of my favorite blogs: Geek In Heels. Stop over and check out a post of mine from when AJ was deployed. Also check her site out, I love it!