Thursday, November 3, 2011

Wisdom from "The Karate Kid"

*Source
I love the Karate Kid. I love all three of the originals and I love the remake with Jaden Smith. Unfortunately, I had not sat down and watched the movies all the way through for a very long time. Until that is, last night. Actually, I only watched the first two originals. They were on the family channel and I was immediately engrossed in them all over again. (Side question: Did anyone see Ralph Machio (Daniel-san) on Dancing With the Stars last season? Loved him!!)

Anyway, while watching last night I remembered how much I loved it. Here are some of my favorite quotes from the movie (in no particular order)...




*Source
Daniel: All right, so what are the rules here? 
Miyagi: Don't know. First time you, first time me........

.... Daniel: Where am I, this ring over here? 
Miyagi: Hai. Number three. 
Daniel: What's that guy kneeling like that for? 
Miyagi: Don't know. 
Daniel: Don't you know anything you can tell me? 
Miyagi: Hai. No get hit.





*Source
Daniel: Hey, what kind of belt do you have? 
Miyagi: Canvas. JC Penney, $3.98. You like? 
DanielNo, I meant... 
Miyagi: In Okinawa, belt mean no need rope to hold up pants. 



After Miyagi karate chops the tops off three beer bottles.... 
Daniel: How did you do that? How did you do that? 
Miyagi: Don't know. First time. 



*Source
Daniel: Hey - you ever get into fights when you were a kid? 
Miyagi: Huh - plenty. 
Daniel: Yeah, but it wasn't like the problem I have, right? 
Miyagi: Why? Fighting fighting. Same same. 
Daniel: Yeah, but you knew karate. 

Miyagi: Someone always know more. 






Miyagi: Because, Daniel-san, for person with no forgiveness in heart, living even worse punishment than death.




*Source
Daniel: How come every time I have a problem, you have work for me? Miyagi: Cosmic coincidence. (This is one of my favorites, and kept me giggling a while!)

There are so many, many more great ones. These are  the main ones I remember from last night. One thing I   have always thought though is The Karate Kid has the worst kiss! Every time I watch it I think, "That poor    girl is getting her face sucked off!! I tried to find a good still image to show you but couldn't. Just take it from me when I say Daniel looks like he is channeling his      inner Kirby while kissing her. Very scary.

I just love these old 80's movies. It brought me back to good times and good feelings. I need to do that more. What movies or things do that for you? That just make you breathe and smile? Right now, mine is The Karate Kid.