Sunday, September 26, 2010

Our New Social Network

This update is ridiculously over due. We have decided that this is a better way to keep in touch with everyone. Drama, gossip, and miscommunication seem to be major problems with networking sites and that is not something we are into. This is a much better way to keep our family and friends updated on our life!
As you all are very much aware, Aj has been gone for almost 4 months, and we are a third the way through this frustrating and terrible deployment. He is doing pretty well. When he isn't sleeping or working (which is close to all the time), he catches a movie here or there on his DVD player, plays sports with the other soldiers (football of course, but he has also been able to play soccer and softball while there), hits the gym when he can, and manages his fantasy football league. Something which he has somehow gotten me rather addicted to as well. Internet is very sketchy there and phone calls are limited, so he isn't able to keep in touch with everyone as he would like to. He can usually get a quick hello to me once a day, but at times that can be difficult still. He wants to send his love to all of you and let you know that he truly does appreciate your support. We both do.
Here on the home front, I am keeping busy with my fitness and health stuff as always, working with the wonderful people at the Department of Wildlife, being involved with some wonderful women in my book club and also at the Patriot Spouses Club. I have developed some good friendships with some wonderful women here, and that has been a great support too. I had hoped to travel and see a lot of friends and loved ones during the deployment, but Aj and I have not only decided to save money for our apartment but also we've needed to save money in case of any emergency trips needed to Idaho. So unfortunately, all my planned trips have had to be placed on the back burner. Not for lack of desire, but for the basis of the silly responsibilities of adulthood.
Obviously this is a very brief and broad overview of what our family is currently up to. More specific and in depth posts will follow, but since it has been since April that we have last updated our Blog, I thought a quick overview is necessary. We love you all so much!! Thank you for all you do for us.

2 comments:

Aunt Lori said...

I like this...am proud and inspired by you two. Keep it up and you will get through this. Love ya!

Two Sticks Photography said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I would love to do your portraits in January. You are a beautiful couple. You are such a strong woman to have to endure your husband and his deployment. I admire women like you, I don't know how you do it... Have a great week and enjoy the gorgeous weather!

-Jessica Woods
www.twosticksphotography.com
www.jessicawoodsphotography.com

Post a Comment