Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Kelly's Lately..

So I haven't updated in a bit... AJ & I have been quite busy but unfortunately I'm terrible at taking pictures. The pictures I do take, I am even more terrible about putting on the computer. Since I don't really like to update without pictures, I haven't been, but we are starting to get really far behind. 
I have decided to update today with pictures.. All be it maybe not the exact pictures that would have been taken using my camera. I'll let you be the judge.

* Friday AJ & I had the military ball to go to. It was my first and it was interesting. We didn't stay very long, a little over an hour. We had our pictures taken (I'll post them when we get them), ate dinner, sat for the ceremony and left. I felt like I was at a cheesy prom dinner actually. We had to leave early because...



*We had tickets to the 7:30 showing of Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Part II!!!! I had fandango tickets because I knew we would get there a little late. We arrived a little after 7:30, which meant the seats we had were horrible. So I took to sitting on the stairs in a better spot with AJ. We started a fad because after that a lot of other people in bad seats sat on the stairs too. Can I just say: AMAZING! Can't wait for the blu-ray!

*Saturday we took the dogs swimming (we are on our 47th day of consecutive over 100 degree weather.. its terrible) and went grocery shopping. AJ then took his car over to his friends to get tuned up cause its gas mileage has been HORRIBLE! He found out that two spark plugs were bad. But my sexy mechanic got it figured out and fixed.



*Sunday was the WOMEN'S WORLD CUP FINAL!! AJ & I invited many people over. We decorated, bought pizza, soda, the works. We were so excited about it!! Unfortunately, because people suck now-a-days, one couple showed up. Just one. I was so angry. A friend of mine wrote a blog about that type of thing, which I love and you can read here. Unfortunately, the women also lost the world cup. Which I'm still getting over. But I'm still proud of our girls.

*After the World Cup, in order to get over the defeat, AJ & I played some frisbee golf. I can honestly say I played the worst round I have played in a long time. It was terrible.

*Tuesday- I had a doctors appointment because of a sharp and piercing pain below my left hip that comes and goes and lasts only a few seconds. It's been going on for the past few weeks. As a tribute to how horrible military doctors are, my primary care physician says most people with pain in their hips have arthritis or just need to stretch more. Yep. My 26 year old self with a random sharp alternating pain that just started has arthritis in my hips. Ridiculous. I also mentioned I'm a personal trainer and get plenty of stretching to which he just stared at me like I was a worm.

*Wednesday- AJ hurt his wrist pretty badly about 2 months ago. He went to sick call about it about two weeks after it happened and they told him to stay off it and gave him an appointment scheduled ONE AND A HALF MONTHS LATER!! He just barely got x-rays and found out yesterday that his wrist had been, in fact, fractured at the time he went to sick call but that it had already healed itself. Now he has to have occupational therapy and possible surgery to fix some ligaments and tendons. Ridiculous.

*Last night I got a phone call offering me the assistant coaching position for the traveling U16 girls soccer team. WOOT WOOT! I'm super pumped and am meeting the team tonight.









So that is our past week in a nutshell. Complete with pictures. :) We have an equally busy week coming up.. We'll see if my personal camera catches the pictures this time. Hope your week was good too!

8 comments:

Di said...

Ugh. That happened to us for the men's world cup. We had only three friends come over. We ate left over hamburgers for a week.

Congrats on the coaching gig. Have fun stretching more. :P

Kelly Stadium said...

Hahaha! No kidding!

Did you see this GeekInHeels blog:
http://www.geekinheels.com/2011/07/15/got-pms-new-milk-ads-may-or-may-not-be-offensive.html

I remembered our earlier conversation and wondered what you thought.

Amy said...

Hey Scottie,

How's the running coming along? I can't remember when your race was.

Kelly Stadium said...

It's still going! My hip doesn't hurt more or less when I run, so I'm keeping it up.
The 10k was the 4th of July, unfortunately, because of AJ & my trip to Idaho this summer, I had to cancel out of it. But I have signed up for another 10k now that we are home and back in the groove and I'm pretty pumped about it. I saw your half-marathon recently. Way to kick some trash girlie!

Jessica said...

Yay an update! :) Nice pics hehe!

Isn't it a pain when doctors don't give a crap? I had to take DYlan to the emergency room a few weeks ago for welders burn in his eyes (he's had it before but this was worse than EVER) and all they did was put some numbing drops in there (they only last a couple minutes) and make sure he didn't have any blisters and sent him on his way. Still costed us over $500 though!

She-Ra said...

Congrats on the job. Make sure you blog about it so that we all know how awesome you are at it!

Anonymous said...

a) Congrats on the new job.
b) That final was one of the best I'd ever seen (men's or women's)!
c) We went to the midnight showing of the new HP and it was awesome. Loved the movie!
d) Are you enjoying the debater response format of my comment? Because I am.

Di said...

I did see it and didn't comment because I wasn't sure how to encompass what I felt. I personally find them really annoying, but I tend to find anything that portrays women on their periods as raging beasts.

However, then after reading comments from women who DO PMS, and especially those who have it bad (I pretty much get a few-hour backache and slight bloat and that's it. I'm quite lucky), I could see how they could see the humor in a real life situation.

But I personally found them in poor taste.

Post a Comment