Monday, October 31, 2011

A Date & An Explanation

First off, this weekend was amazing. AJ is phenomenal. Saturday we woke up early and took the dogs to go play for a couple of hours. When we got home, I took a shower and AJ prepared out date day and boy did he pull through! 
We did this:
*Source
It's called The Discovery Trail (obviously) and you go to each of these 6 historic locations around Lawton. As you go to each location, you get a stamp on your card and a memorabilia trinket to take home. We started our adventure at 12:30 but only had time to visit four locations (we got really into some of the spots!). We are planning on finishing it this weekend.
The locations we were able to make it to were:



This one was really awesome because we were able to visit the grave of Geronimo and Quanah Parker. 


 
My favorite places for the day were the Mattie Beal home and the Fort Sill Landmark museum (we are going to go back there and look into more). The Mattie Beal home was taken care of by this 88 year old woman who was a hoot! The extravagant home has a small ball room on the top floor, built in 1907 it is a floating room! One side doesn't have floor support, its suspended from the ceiling. Our entire trip cost us 8$ and was a ton of fun. 

Next, we went home and got all dressed up and went out to dinner. We went to the only Greek Restaurant in town, El Greco. It was our first experience there.  
 My review? Terrible. It was very overpriced and the food was premade. You could tell they had just reheated it from wherever they order it from. The menu was super small and the food wasn't authentic. I was pretty bummed out. The terrible meal cost us over 50$ with the tip. :(

Finally, we went to see Real Steel

I LOVED this movie! Loved, loved, loved it!! If you like action movies, you will enjoy this movie. I can't wait till it comes out in Blu-Ray! Sign me up!!! 
Although, the ENTIRE movie, I couldn't get over how much the boy in it looks just like my cousin Adam! And coincidentally, the robot is called Atom, which added fan to that fire the whole movie.



 



Although we got a discount for the movie itself for AJ being active duty military, one bucket of popcorn, one large soda (both for AJ), and my fat free welches gummies cost almost 30$! I was FLOORED!

When we got home, we camped out in the living all night and watched Disney Halloween movies. Perfect ending to a perfect day. This day totally satisfied my irrational, non-sports loving, little dog toting, girlie side. ;)

Speaking of which, this past post regarding AJ & my conversation on Friday, seemed to strike a nerve with some people. They seemed to believe that I am a bossy, control freak, jerk, who is overbearing & rude to her husband, and they regard AJ like a meek doormat.
Let me assure you, neither could be farther from the truth, which is why I found the conversation so amusing and decided to share it with everyone. I never demand AJ, "clean the house" before I get home" or "pick up dinner" so I can be lazy. The entire conversation, between both AJ & I was one sarcastic joke to one another. Neither one of us took the conversation seriously (although AJ did plan an amazing day on Saturday, he was going to anyway because he was postponing date night till then anyway..). It was an amusing conversation, not a typical one. Please regard it in this way. I am not a demanding bitch and my husband is definitely not a doormat. 

I hope you all have a very HAPPY HALLOWEEN! And look forward to your tales and pictures! 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun date! I was wondering how it had gone.

Post a Comment