Thursday, April 1, 2010

Here we are..

Here we are, starting a blog site.. Never thought we would be part of this trend, but with our families and friends scattered over so much of the country, and both of us being terrible at giving any updates to anyone, this seemed like the best outlet.


For those of you who are totally confused about Aj and I, where in the world we met, how we ended up together, and scratched their heads when our "relationship status" went from single to married in a matter of 5 months, I promise to give our entire ridicluous story in an up and coming post.

For now, I'll just give a little update on where we are and what we are up to. Currently, Aj is stationed at Fort Sill, OK. Which means we are living in the quaint (being nice) town of Lawton, OK, probably for the next two years. It's been interesting for me getting used to Oklahoma.. I was a little agoraphobic for a little while. I'm not used to being able to see the horizon in a 360 degree radius and still miss the mountains. But thanks to my wonderful job with the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife, Aj and I have had a lot of opportunities to find hiking trails, fishing holes, and site seeing opportunities.

The last month has been a whirl wind of fishing and dogs! We got a puppy, part boxer and part german shepherd, who we affectionately called Blitz. (Although I did have the right to call him, Aaron, Roger, Charlie or Woody, I was bipartisan on the name and agreed to Blitz..) He has become our child in almost every sense and has really completed us as a family.

Aj and I also discovered fishing in the area and thanks to the sympathy of the guys here at the hatchery, finally caught some catfish. Aj cooked it that night for a delicious dinner and I am now hooked on catfish.
Currently, we are preparing ourselves for Aj to deploy sometime this summer. I'm not going to post where or when, mainly because the military keeps changing it's mind. We do know that he will be deployed for one year. Which is hard for the both of us but from what we have already been through in our relationship we know it has nothing on us. :)

I'm going to post some pictures from the last month or so. Thank you to all of our friends and family and we miss you!

Aj watching his line and his first catish.

Blitz and I fishin and our first "family picture".





































1 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! I'm your first comment :) I love all of your pics...you and AJ look so happy together (FINALLY!! HA HA!) I miss you soooo much...and I guess I miss AJ just a teensy bit too ;) I've bookmarked you and look forward to your next post! Hugs!!

Post a Comment