Friday, January 14, 2011

Completely Useless.

That's what I am right now. Totally and completely useless. We are 11 days and a wake up away from Aj coming home. Did you catch that? Can you believe that? Less than two weeks. Ladies and gentleman, in less than two weeks my husband will be home and in my arms for the first time in almost eight months. It's pretty much all I think about and I truly can't help it. At work, I do my best to be constructive, but mainly I am just thinking of my to-do list that is quickly dwindling. At home the past week, dishes have remained in the sink longer, laundry has spilled over the rim of the basket, and the bed has gone unmade while I am busy making my shopping list and day dreaming of when he gets home. This also includes a complete inability to sleep, despite the promises of Tylenol PM.
I keep thinking that I need to update my blog with some good updates on life or maybe ask your opinions on fake tans (I can't tan for real.. Silly melonoma on my back.. Ruined all the skin destroying fun for me..), teeth whitening, and proper accessories for when Aj gets off the plane. Although since I've mentioned it, you can throw out any opinions you have... But honestly, the only update I have is a daily one... It's the countdown.. Today is one day closer... That is my update every day. It's like my own personal lame duck session in the middle of life.
So, I pretty much am not making any promises for this blog the next few weeks. I can promise a giant update, complete with pictures, after he goes back (yes.. that's right... he will have to go back for a few more months..) Right now my mind is elsewhere.. It's 11 days and a wake up from now.... And until time and life catches up with my mind.. No expectations of me please.. Right now all I can think about is having my husband back, if only for a short while.

I can't wait. I truly can't wait to see him again.

3 comments:

Two Sticks Photography said...

=) I'm happy for you two!

Rebecca said...

I'm excited for you both. I love you Scottie and AJ!

Unknown said...

That is so exciting!!! I can tell you are so in love AJ, that would be harder than I can imagine being away from someone you love so much for so long. It sounds like it will be a very special reunion for you two. I love that video, I saw it this summer and it just made me bawl and it had the same effect the second time around. Thank you for making such a big sacrifice for our country, I don't think there is anything more meaningful that you could give.

Post a Comment