Thursday, November 11, 2010

With all my heart...

Veterans Day- A day that people say thank-you to "their veterans" and appreciate them. My life is Veterans Day. It's not just a single day, it's a way of life. My husband is gone. I haven't seen him in over 5 months and I will not see him again for more than 2 more, only to have him leave again for a few months more. Aj is in a land of sandstorms and heat. He currently doesn't have a single article of "civilian" clothing with him. He works 24 hour days and has no privacy when he gets home and yet, when he calls me, he is the one comforting me. He is the one saying, "We are almost there baby." "This isn't anything." "We've got this." Even in the terrible conditions and frustrating environment he is in, he is still more concerned about me back home than himself. He is the most amazing person I have ever known. I am proud to call him my husband and I love him more than anything.
But Aj and I are not the only ones in our family that have been through this life, and we want to recognize the many relatives and people close to us that are "our" veterans. These are the real faces of people making sacrifices and they are our family. We both love you all and thank-you ever so much.

My husband, I love you. I love you so much. You're my hero. And I am proud to be your wife.

My brother, in the Navy for 9 years. 2 Deployments to Iraq, many overseas trips, and helped w/ the Tsunami.

My Uncle Richard Frasure, he also was in the Navy. Love you Uncle Richard!


My Uncle Bill and Aunt Joan, were in the Air Force together, toured Germany, and visited the Land of Sand.

Aj's dad and my father-in-law, Anthony Kelly was in the Army and went to many places.

Charlie (Chuck) Butcher, Aj's younger cousin, currently serving in the Marines. Hoorah! 


 And Grandpa McCormack (Aj's Grandpa) flew as a test pilot in the airforce. :)


Also, I don't have pictures, but these people who are still amazingly important, and served in the military:

My Grandpa Milton Scott, Great-Grandpa Gooch, Uncle Bob, Cousin Lenn, and Great Uncle George Silva.

Also, Aj and I want to give a shout out to our many friends that are in the military or have been that we love so much. Thank you!!

Please everyone, I lead a Happy Veterans Day life, but for those who don't, give us at least a Happy Veterans Day- day, and tell those you know and those you don't, thank you.