Friday, February 11, 2011

Our Two Weeks Together

Aj is gone again. We couldn't have asked for a better two weeks together. I took as many pictures as I remembered to help commemorate and relay the story of our time together, but in all honesty, picture taking was the last thing on my mind. It was a wonderful time. During which we celebrated Christmas, our birthdays, and our anniversary. We furnished our apartment, decorated the Christmas tree, opened presents and had our pictures professionally taken. We celebrated the Super Bowl and as such, the Green Bay Packers, took our football franchise all the way through the Super Bowl on Madden 2011, we played catch and football with each other and Blitz in the park, had a "Terrific Lady Day", went out to dinner and a movie, and my personal favorite, spent a lot of time on our new couches snuggling and watching our favorite shows.

We now have this beautiful apartment but Aj is gone again and it no longer feels like home. He's been gone 6 hours. Just six hours and I miss him so bad it hurts. Saying goodbye at the airport was so hard. But- looking to the positive side- this will be the last time I will have to say goodbye to him like this. He should be home by June, which means we've gotten through the worse part of this. Plus, we just spent an absolutely amazing two weeks together. Thank you so much for all your support!!! Here is a chronicle of our time the past 14 days.

First- if you would like to see a small sample of our pictures we had taken by the wonderful Jessica Woods, we haven't received all of the shoot yet, but she did put up a sneak peak of our photographs, which you can view here. She did a wonderful job and Aj & I had a wonderful time.

A lot of you helped me pick out hair and outfit ideas for our reunion at the airport. So here are some before and after pictures. I apologize for the quality, they are dreadful, but I owe you them! Also, it was just myself at the airport to pick him up, so sorry, no snap shots of the actual reunion. I can tell you though, that I ran to Aj and into his arms with such force that the security guard commented: "Wow, she could be a linebacker." I found that pretty amusing, especially considering the shoes I was wearing. So, here you have before and afters, thank you for your help on everything. Sorry the quality is terrible!!!
































     
 The best part was my shoes!!!!











Like I said, when Aj got home we furnished our apartment. Unfortunately, I do not have any before pics of what our apartment looked like, but I assure you, this is an improvement!

Then we celebrated Christmas. We decorated the tree, had our own Christmas Eve tradition (we give each other gag gifts. Mine from Aj was a Dallas Cowboy beanie, and his was a Greenbay Packer hard hat.. Great minds think alike!), watched Christmas movies, opened gifts, and had Christmas dinner together. It was wonderful.
Our tree!!! We loved it!!

I bought Aj a new nice set of golf clubs, and my mother bought him cowboy accessories to go with it.

Aj bought me a replica of Lambeau Field, an Aaron Rodgers Jersey, AND these awesome bobbleheads not pictured.

Aj with his new acoustic guitar, his Miles Austin throwback jersey, and his AUTOGRAPHED Jason Witten Jersey.

We also got a blu ray with some of our favorite movies and Aj bought me this beautiful Jewelry box.
We received other things from friends and family, please don't feel bad if we don't have it pictured here. We were trying to remember to take pics, but many things fleeted our minds during RR. Thank you so much for everything, including the many Christmas Cards and phone calls we had that day. We love you very much!

One of the best parts of RR was that Aj was home for the Super Bowl, and in case you were wondering, THE GREEN BAY PACKERS WON THE SUPERBOWL!!! HELL TO THE YES!!! WOOT!!! Although Aj is a die hard Cowboys fan, always has been and always will be, he is also an amazingly supportive husband and did his best to route my team on as well. He'll even admit to being slightly bitter and grumpy watching the Cheeseheads play in the Superbowl in Dallas, but he did his best to be the best sport possible. He even wore an Aaron Rodgers jersey for the game. I love this man. :)

Getting our GAME FACES on!!!
If you look at his face, you can tell this hurts him a little..    :)

Pizza Hut Pizza for the Bowl... LOTS of it! It lasted us a few days......
I made a bet with the guy's at work, before the play offs even started, that if the Packers won the Super Bowl, I could fly my Green Bay Packers flag on our flag pole at the Dept of Wildlife... Obviously they lost the bet, so AJ and I went to my office so that not only could I gloat, but also to have a ceremonious raising of the flag. Rod was kind enough to take a picture for us.
So.. the story of Aj's and Blitz's reunion... When Aj first arrived at the apartment (I'll add here that he had never before set foot in this apartment, we had to move while he was gone) Blitz was in his kennel. Blitz, not being used to seeing a male in the apartment, growled and barked when he saw Aj walk in with me. When Aj went to go and let him out, he opened the kennel and Blitz froze and stared at him for a while. Aj called to him a few times and Blitz bolted from the kennel completely ecstatic, jumping all over him. And although he is and will always be a mommas boy, he was inseparable from Aj's hip the entire time Aj was home.
This picture looks mildly staged, but it wasn't. Blitz would just not leave Aj's side!

That's all the photo's I have for you, and the best I can do at a synopsis of our RR time together. I already miss him and am looking forward to when he gets home for good, which will be in a lot shorter time frame then it was till his RR. Thank you all for everything. We mean that. We are getting there everyone!! One day at a time. I miss you already babe. So much.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had such a great two weeks. You look amazing in your airport outfit, but I most like how totally in love and happy you two look in your professional pics.

Courtney said...

Thanks for the update. I have been looking forward to this blog so much the last two weeks. I love your positive attitude even thought I am sure you are missing him so much. June is almost here, so hang in there girl! We love you both.

Two Sticks Photography said...

Hey Girl :)
I love seeing the photos in this post. Although I do professional photography it's the little snap shots that you remember the most :)

I got a sense of how strong the two of you really are and I'm so happy you don't have very much longer to go!

-Jess

Unknown said...

This is my favorite post!!! That is awesome that you filled the two weeks with all the holidays and special events you missed, it sounds like a BLAST! Way cute pictures of you two together, especially the professional ones, WOW those are AMAZING! I love those types of pictures that are "in action" and not all completely posed, I love them!!! I had no idea you two were such hard core football fans, it must have been fate that he came home - not for Christmas, the birthdays, or any other holiday but for THE SUPER BOWL (and your team was playing, the only thing that could have made it more eventful is if the Cowboys were playing the Packers... maybe its a good thing they weren't playing each other, after seeing the picture of you tackling him in your jersey ;)

Post a Comment