Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Mavericks Won- but we're back in the Heat!

Golfing in Idaho!
Yes, we are finally home from Idaho and back to our quaint little apartment. And although we are happy to be back in our own beds (who doesn't sleep better in their own bed?), we are completely unhappy about leaving the beautiful 70 degree whether for the horrific 100 plus heat wave in Oklahoma. But just as the Mavericks kicked some Lebron James and Dwayne Wade trash, we will beat our own personal heat here.
Our Idaho trip was amazing and incredibly eventful. Loads of pictures were taken and so I'm just going to go over some highlights of our little adventure north. 
 First and foremost, congratulations to my amazing cousin Kodi Ann for not only graduating high school, but also buying her first home! You're a badass girl. Nothing else can be said.
Kodi Ann and myself at her graduation ceremony.
While we were at ISU for Kodi's graduation, AJ got into a disagreement with the Bengal mascot.. Something about a missing whistle?
I think I mentioned in a previous post that along with the family meeting for Kodi's graduation, they also got together for a family reunion that weekend. Lots and lots of family. Some I had never even met. Poor AJ. But he handled it well. We went to the cabin and road fourwheelers.. and ate.. lots of food. Unfortunately I don't have many pics of AJ & I on fourwheelers, since we were riding them at the time. But I'm hoping to get some from others.. 
Family! Not even close to all of us that weekend...

The cabin! AJ wiping dirt from his eyes.. My pants are covered!

More happy family members.

FOOD!!!!!!!!!
One of the best highlights of the vacation were my niece and nephew. They have different mothers and Emily lives in Wyoming. So, they only get to see each other every 6 months or so. But you would never guess it! They were so cute and my brother was SOOO happy to have them both home at once.
My brother Bobby, his 5 year old daughter Emily and two year old son Jed.

They called each other brother and sister the whole time. "Where's my sisser?" Love it!

I had not seen Emily in almost 3 years. It was SOO good to see her!!
Next, if you can't tell in the picture above, I gave myself a little bit of a make-over while we were there. My preparation for coming home to the 100 degree whether..

My hair before!

And after! A style I've had before, just a little more edge to this one.

The back. My husband wanted to do a "cool" artsy shot. :)

Oh yeah, and I got a new tattoo. This marks tattoo number 4. I LOVE them all.
AJ had a great time with my dad while he was there. Besides working around the yard and helping out outside, he got to help him in the restoration of my dad's 1960 Mercury Comet. They had a good time with that.
And finally, I end this post with a bit of an announcement. While we were in Idaho we added a fifth member to our family. AJ & I, Blitz & April (for those of you who don't know, she's my turtle) and now little Baylee. AJ's 9 week old yellow labrador retriever. He has "always" wanted one and while we were in Idaho, the opportunity arose and he jumped on it. (I still owe you one for this Aunt Lori.. ahem..) Although I was a little freaked out at first, and HATE the potty training stage, she oddly enough compliments and fits into our family perfectly.
Meet little Miss Baylee.

Isn't she so freaking cute? (Although she hated me for this picture.. totally worth it..)
 So that's a very little synopsis of our trip. We are finally back and I will be back to blogging regularly. Over the past two weeks there has been so much bloggable material! It's so good to be home.