Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Update & Hair Voting Results!

My b-day flowers are blooming!
My Christmas Goodies =)
Ok- so a brief "Christmas" update. I think I have mentioned before that Aj and I are going to celebrate Christmas together when he gets home (in just 30 days!!). But we still did a couple of things to acknowledge Christmas with family and friends. First thing was Aj's Christmas package from me. This one was a record 30 pounder! In it were his civilian clothes to wear home for RR (he has to wear civilian clothes on the plane), as well as a ton of goods and sweets, including homemade goodies from me!! Now, if you know me very well, you will know that domestic stuff is not exactly my forte. My mom was wonderful growing up but I focused so much on being a business woman (as a small child, I never played "house", I would walk around playing "office"). But, I gathered some recipes, got the ingredients, and spent the entire evening on Saturday baking and mixing so that Aj could have homemade treats in his package. I made fudge, sugar cookies, and snickerdoodles all completely from scratch. I'm so proud of myself!! :) Aj was thrilled and my 30 lb package was the talk of the unit when he received it.
The Grand kids!
Next, the weekend of the 18th, I went to Christmas parties in Texas to visit family. The first night I stayed with Mimi and then we had a Christmas party luncheon with that part of the family (Aj's dad's side). I met even more new family members and had a great time. (I actually brought my camera and took pictures, but unfortunately left my camera in Texas... Figures!) Then, that evening, I went to Becca's (Aj's mom) and we went to a Christmas party that night where I got to meet Aj's grandpa's side. What a large bunch! It was a great time. I felt a little awkward when they called for all of the grandchildren to get together for a picture, and I was pulled out of the corner to be a part of it. It was actually really nice. They brought me in and treated me like I was an important and loved family member. I really enjoyed it.
Andy snuggling with Primo.
Becca & I were told we look a lot alike.
That night I got some quality time with Rebecca &  Ben (Aj's mom and her hubby), Andy & Jonathan (his two oldest brothers) and Faye & Grady (Ben's parents). It was a nice and relaxing time. That Sunday, Blitz and I made the track back home to Oklahoma.
The following week was only a three day, and so Blitz and I spent Thursday through Sunday together chilling, playing some Madden, working with Betty in the mornings (she is still working hard and losing weight!) and mainly just relaxing. Christmas itself was a little harder than I anticipated, but Aj and I were able to web cam for a while and that was the best Christmas present ever.
That's a very brief overview of the last couple of weeks. Whew! New Years is Friday night and after that, the holidays are over and Aj's coming home is next!! 30 Days!! CAN I GET A WOOT WOOT?!!
On that note- your hair votes. I was thrilled with how many of you took the time to look over and send me your pick (some of you even got additional family and friends to vote- which was wonderful!!). Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you for your time!!! A variation of style/color number 8 was the winner. I called the hairstylist and made an appointment for the 19th. So excited!! The next item up for voting will be set up on Thursday. This one I really want opinions on. I have decided that I am going to do a "before and after" picture of myself once all of the decisions are made and done. I really appreciate your time and help. It truly does make things go by faster for me. Thank you and love you all soo much!!