Thursday, April 14, 2011

3D "Technology"... Get over yourself.

....it looks like today is a day of rants.. but I've got to get this one off my chest as well....

WOW! Technology is amazing, when I buy these glasses and put them on, they can make things into 3D! People are mesmerized by this.. Another thing I just don't understand. I went on a California Trip with my 8th Grade class, oh... 13 or 14 years ago.... and we went to Universal Studios where we went and saw a LIVE Terminator show, where we put on these glasses and it had all this 3D stuff. It was freaking amazing. The liquid bad guy from terminator came inches from our faces while the live person on stage battled with him... Can I say again.. 13 or 14 YEARS ago... But now 3D is the "new" technology that people are paying ridiculous amounts of money for and acting like it is the most exciting thing ever? I'm baffled once again, totally don't understand society. This rant is brought to you by a new ad I just saw on TV for the 3D i-touch thingy. In the ad they ask, "Have you ever seen anything like this before?" To which a group of astounded individuals say, "NO! Never!" Well, Apple, I have....


The NEW 3D Ipod Touch:


Huh... I've seen this before...


And the "AMAZING AND NEW" 3D video games and movies...




Darn.. seen this one before too.. in the 1980's Sega 3D release...

So can someone please explain to me the uproar and excitement about all this "NEW" and "AMAZING" 3D technology? I don't get it. And it's really getting on my nerves.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My issue is when something is available in like 4 theaters in 3D and "2D" in only 1. I hate 3D because it hurts my eyes and gives me a headache.

Kelly Stadium said...

I agree Di. I have several issues with the new inundation of 3d movies.
1- I have not seen one so far that I think was "better" because of the 3d, but i have seen movies that were terrible because they were trying so hard to make it 3d compatible or entertaining (I love watching dance movies cause awesome dance movies mesmerize me, but Step Up 3D was all about arms sticking through the screen.)
2- I have no desire to pay so much extra to see a movie, in which I get a pair of glasses to wear that they ask me to return so they can be "re-used". Eww!
3- They mess with my eyes and head too. I get a headache or sick sometimes, and it makes certain things on the screen hard to follow at times. But like you said, finding a movie in regular 2D can be hard and frustrating.

Two Sticks Photography said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! I have to say this post was amazing, this is why I love you Scottie!!!

I'm going to link back to it later!

Lusk Family said...

Oh the California Trip seems like it was 4EVER ago!! those were the good old days when life was easy. How are u doing?? It would be fun to catch up!

Kelly Stadium said...

Hey there! Doing wonderful. Being doing even better when the month is over!!! :) Good to hear from you. How have you been?

Post a Comment