Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Coming Home FOR GOOD!!!

Ok, I've been a little lacking on posting updates BUT I have some AMAZING news!! AJ WILL BE ON HIS WAY HOME BEFORE THE END OF THE MONTH!!!!!!!!! FOR GOOD!!! He will be home, in my arms, never to have to leave like this ever again. Oh mylanta! I can't wait! Oh my goodness! I'm so excited!!
Originally when they left, he was not suppose to be home till early June, so this is more than a little exciting for me! As far as an actual date to mark on the calendar, we don't have one. Due to OpSec (operational security) none of the soldiers know the exact dates they are going to be getting on the plane to come home. What they do is give them a "date range" that they can be getting on the plane. The day they are told they are leaving, they don't get to call home and say, "Hey! I'm on my way!", they just get on the plane and then a message is sent to the family members from another source to let them know, "They are on the plane, they will be arriving at the site at *such and such* a time and on *such and such* day." Which makes planning for his arrival a little difficult. So I have a specific time frame that I have where I need everything to be ready by, and then after that, it's just a sit and wait! The only time I will ever say I hope that I don't hear from AJ!!
Thanks to all of you and my preparations for RR, I already know the type of homecoming outfit (a different one than that for RR) I will be wearing, how I want to do my hair, and all the different items I should have ready for when he comes home.Which makes this quick preparation much easier but just as nerve racking and WOOT WOOT! YAY! Exciting!!
This is so exciting. I can't even start to express how happy I am to finally get to have him home. For those of you wondering, AJ flew out on June 7th of last year, just short of 4 months after we were married. He came home briefly for two weeks in February, which was wonderful, and for the rest of the time we have had to rely on phone calls and instant messenger. I have never before been so thankful for technology and have so much respect for individuals who have gone through this with only letters every few months. I can't even imagine.
Now, as far as leave and visiting family is concerned, I really can't tell you anything right now because I honestly don't know. We probably won't go anywhere the first week or two he gets back. He will also have a couple of weeks of leave after he returns, but it won't be right away and we are still waiting to find out what the dates of that leave will be. So I will keep you posted on that info as it comes.
It's been a long and crazy year everyone, and although I didn't really start using this blog regularly for updates until a couple months after AJ had already left, I wanted to repost some of the blogs that are reminders for me of the year that AJ & I have been through. Thank you all for your love and support over this year. It's been intense, but it is ALMOST OVER!!!

September 26th 2010 - Our New Social Network
September 29th 2010 - It's that time of year...
October 22nd, 2010 - Real Life "Sitcom"
October 27th, 2010 - Dear Deployment: We're Winning
November 30th 2010 - Thanksgiving in Texas and "Southwest Asia"
December 7th, 2010 - The Cycle.
December 24th, 2010 - Birthday Flowers from Mr. Amazing
January 6th, 2010 - New Years Movie Night
January 14th 2010 - Completely Useless.
January 18th, 2010 - What You Taught Me..
February 11th, 2010 - Our Two Weeks Together
March 2nd, 2010 - Life Update.

Once again, thank you all so much for your support. I really can't say it enough. We are so close everyone!

2 comments:

Two Sticks Photography said...

I'm so excited for you two! That's so amazing :)

Unknown said...

Holy Cow that is so exciting! The best news EVER! You two are so cute, I haven't met AJ or anything but I can just see how much you two love each other and it gets me so excited for you! You write really well and I can tell how crazy you two are for each other, I'm so happy for you!

Post a Comment