Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter & AJ

The last couple weeks have been really busy. The weekend of the 16th, Blitz & I went down to Texas for an Easter weekend at Mimi's & a quick visit to Becca's. It was a small gathering but nice and relaxing. We had our Easter bags and then Grandpa made some good barbecue. I hadn't had barbecue in a while so I was pretty pumped. The "guys" also had to get together and clean up the tree that the storms that have been down here lately smashed in Mimi & Grandpa's front yard.

Blitz felt bad for leaving April for the weekend, so he shared before we left. 
He was pretty excited to be driving to Mimi & Grandpa's!
Mimi & Grandpa's front yard!
The men ready to take on the tree. (Bubba, Grandpa & Nathan).

Grandpa at the barbecue.


The "kids" with their Easter bags. AJ & I got one too, but I forgot to have my pic taken with them.

Then this last Easter weekend, I had Annie Hurlbutt, Jen Studer, and their kids over for Easter dinner and games. I tried out a few new healthy recipes on them and they did pretty well with them. We played "Sorry" and "Clue" and watched the Easter Veggie Tales. Jen has just been back into town for one week and it was nice to be able to visit with her and meet her. She and her husband Harry (who is deployed with AJ & will be coming home the same time) have two children. One beautiful and very intelligent little 5 year old boy named Ethan and the happiest one year old little girl Sydney. We had a great time.
Anne & Ariee all dressed up for Easter!
Easter Ariee!
Easter Bunny goodies for Ethan, Sydney & Ariee.
Ethan all settled and ready for a long good day of playin.
Jen sitting with Sydney already passed out.
Time to eat!! Everyone's excited!
The delicious and low calorie Easter desserts I made for  us!
Ethan ready to play some "Sorry"
Me showing him how the game is played (he was my partner..)
I was so happy when Ethan & I were winning! (I also stole the baby's hat..)
But so sad when we lost!
Sydney wanted in on some of this action!
Ariee was done for the day. Lol
What a couple of weekends!! On a side note, Annie & Ariee had to have a sleepover at my place on Friday night because her AC went out and it was ridiculously hot. Annie passed out on the couch in the middle of our chick flick, and so I took this picture of her especially for her hubby...
Annie exhausted and out!
Now, for an updated status on the men coming home! I really don't have one.. Pretty much the same as last time. HOPEFULLY he will be on a plane and coming home before the week is over, what day, what time, and even if that will happen for definite, is still an unknown. Like I said, they give us last minute notice that they're on the way home... But no matter what, it's so soon!! I promise to give you pictures and updates when that all goes down. For now, just continue praying for a safe return and soon. :)