Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Downtime Required

Blitz & AJ both crashed in the car on our last trip to Texas.
AJ & I are officially exhausted. Since he got home on May 1st, we have been to Texas and back- twice, entertained friends, been to friends to be entertained, gone fishing (AJ has been fishing 3 times..), we had family come stay with us for a couple days, and we finished our apartment. Oh! Did I mention, neither one of us have taken off from work? And now some time to crash...Well.. for one weekend at least.

Memorial weekend we are heading back up to Texas. Originally we were planning on going to another Rangers game with Aj's Nanny but unfortunately that isn't going to work out because of the time of the games and special events that they are having that weekend. But we have decided to possibly go to the Fort Worth Zoo or something else instead. Then, June 1st- 15th we are heading to Idaho!!! It will have been over a year since we have been to Idaho and seen any of my family. We are VERY excited to head up there for a couple of weeks. Since we have Blitz, driving is the name of the game for us. That's two weeks from today and just two days after we get back from Texas for Memorial weekend. Whew!!! So, this weekend is our "chill" weekend. Just AJ & I relaxing.. We may not even leave the apartment.  I hope we don't. 

The past two weeks have been a blur. It's surreal still to me. Having him home. I still go to sleep next to him and pray that he will still be there when I wake up. He always is. It's amazing. So, for the friends and family that haven't really heard from us much the past two weeks, I apologize. It's not that we don't care or that we aren't thinking of you. It's that we haven't really stopped to take a breath. It's weird. I feel almost like I did on RR. In a hurry. As if we have a limited time to do everything. I still am of the mindset he will be leaving again soon and I want to make the most of it. But I don't have to feel that way anymore. I keep having to remind myself over and over. He's home. He's home for good. After years, we are finally together, forever. We have all the time in the world. We aren't waiting for when his unit moves to a different town in Germany. I'm not visiting Texas and leaving to go back to Idaho. He isn't preparing to deploy. And he isn't home for two weeks on RR. We are together. It's time for some downtime.