Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Batman Is Back In Gotham

He's Home!!!!! He's home, he's home, he's home!!!!!!!!!! Aj is home!!!!!!! Woot woot woot!!
He arrived on Sunday the 1st at around 4 in the morning.
It's been  a whirlwind this past week and we have been going like crazy since his boots hit the ground and are just barely starting to get into a semblance of a routine and I can put up the post I know you all have been waiting for.
Saturday, April 30th was a crazy day. We received little direct information on where the soldiers were or where they would be arriving. We knew it was most likely going to be Sunday morning, but we were given several different times throughout the day, ranging from 1am to 8 am. The not knowing part was the most stressful about it. Finally we got a call when it was about 2 hours out, we were to meet at the gym at 4 in the morning for the ceremony and then take them home. It was time to get ready!!!!!
Disclaimer: I understand that I look a little orange/red in some of these pictures. I really wasn't. My camera has color issues inside for some reason and I have yet to figure it out. So the combination of my orange/red sundress, my tan, blonde hair, and the camera made me look orange in a few pictures. Terrified I asked everyone if I was orange, and I got a resounding no. So please be kind. :)
All smiles at 4 am!
Annie & I, thumbs up to the guys coming home!!

Little Ariee, exhausted but adorable. The back says "Hurlbut" (her last name).
Me with Brandon, another soldiers son, giving the peace sign.

A blurry pic, but Annie and I with the signs we made to hold up.
THE SOLDIERS!! Aj is the fourth one from the left on this side. SO CLOSE!!

So this is how it goes... We were sitting in the bleachers with what felt like FOREVER!! when the soldiers marched in formation into the gym. We then had to SIT AND LOOK AT THEM while they had a homecoming ceremony. The Brigade Commander and Post General gave speeches.. it was so frustrating just looking at our husbands.. Then they were "Released" and Annie and I RAN!! to our men...
Our Reunion Story:
Ok, so notice there are no "kissing, hugging, twirling" reunion pictures of Aj & I.. Well, that's because, in our typical fashion, our reunion happened differently then you would expect. As I said above, the soldiers were released and Annie and I ran to our husbands. Aj was literally right in front of me so it only took me a moment to get to him. When he saw me, he had a panicked look on his face, gave me a very small half hug and said, "BABY! I have to go PEE!" and he RAN away!!! I was left standing in the middle of all these soldiers and wives hugging and kissing and loving on each other by MYSELF!! I was so confused and dazed I didn't really know what had just happened. After getting back to my senses, I made my way out of the group of reunioned couples and went and sat back down. About 5 minutes later, AJ came back and said, "I'm so sorry baby. I had been holding it for like five hours and I thought I was going to pee myself right in front of you." We then got a quick hug and a kiss, after which he immediately had to go and find his luggage to load into the car..... Not the most romantic reunion... Not the one I had anticipated or been thinking of for months.... And I'm not going to lie, in the moment with the caffeine, adrenaline, and emotions running through me, I almost cried sitting on the bench by myself waiting for him... But now looking back, it's pretty damn funny and fits perfectly in with my and Aj's relationship... A typical romantic and "normal" reunion just isn't our style. :) What a story... So sorry, no reunion pics, but a does a really funny story work instead? That Sunday him and I were absolutely exhausted. We hung out on the couch, watched movies, and just enjoyed being together. 

Monday morning, Aj woke up and cooked ME breakfast!! What a guy. It was so good. 
Aj & I with the amazing breakfast he cooked up Monday morning for me.

His bags open and ready to unpack! WOOT!

I created this the day before he left last year... ITS OVER!!! WOOT WOOT!!

Aj got released early a couple times last week and came to my work to go fishing with my boss Tyler. Tyler is a great guy and the two went down to the creek to catch some catfish. Only two came out of the creek, both by Aj. He was excited. :)
Finally getting some relaxation in and a little fishing.

Aj & Tyler fishing the creek together.

Aj and one of his scary catfish.
Then last Wednesday, Aj & I had Annie and her husband Aj (we call him Butt Butt.. his last name is Hurlbut).. It was a good time. I had never really met Butt Butt before, so it was good to finally get introduced. The best parts of the evening were watching AJ & Butt Butt playing with baby Ariee on the floor and then when Aj broke out his guitar and the two worked on some new tunes together.
AJ & Butt Butt were totally enamored with baby Ariee.

Then they worked some tunes together.
Believe it or not, we also went to Texas over the weekend. We left Friday night and didn't return until late Sunday night. We stayed with Aj's Mimi and visited both his mom and dad while we were there. It was a whirlwind weekend but very enjoyable. It was in the high 90's this weekend and so we were even able to take a dip in the pool!!
Family Picture! Myself, Aj, Jonthan and Andy in the back. Ethan, Anthony, Jen and Mary in the front.

Aj's dad Anthony doing it Johnny Bravo style for the pool.

Aj & I getting ready for a good cool swim.

Andy & Aj. We played a lot of keep away in the pool.

Smiles!! Saturday morning on Mimi's porch.

AJ helping Mimi unload Grandpa's mother's day gift to her... A new riding lawn more! She really loved it. :)

Family pic again!! Me, Nanny, Aj, Andy and Rebecca.

Me and Aj's momma Becca.

Nanny opening the door to her new place in Dallas!! Woot!! We're so happy she's so close now!

Aj & my Happy Mothers Day pic for my momma. :) Love you mom!!

This is where we hang out at Aj's moms.. The front porch! It's our thang..
 On our way back to Oklahoma, Aj and I were driving ahead of a pretty intense storm. If you look out the back window you can see the dark green/grey clouds out of the window. Aj always says that green in the sky is bad.. So we tried to stay as far ahead of it as we could, but it was traveling really fast!

It has been an absolutely crazy and intense past week. I am completely exhausted and I know Aj is too. We are looking forward to a little more down time this week then we had last week. I can't describe the feeling of having him home again. Seriously, it feels like I am whole again. It's an amazing feeling. I feel like I'm home as odd as that sounds. As if I was floating around for a year and am finally home. Home is where your heart is, and I'm home again.

3 comments:

Two Sticks Photography said...

I'm so happy for the two of you! :) Home for good, that is so stinkin amazing. I love the pictures and the story....thank you for sharing this. I've definitely been anxiously awaiting them lol! I didn't want to bother you two with a text haha!

Now hurry up with the baby making so I can do your maternity pics! hehe

Unknown said...

Super happy for you two! :)

Unknown said...

YEAH! I'm so happy for you guys! That's awesome you were able to go see family and everything. You look gorgeous Scottie, seriously! I love all the pictures especially the pictures of you two your just too cute together!

Post a Comment