Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Happiest Birthday

For those who have read our blog for a while and my close friends and family, you know that a remarkable and important person in my life passed away this year in January from cancer. She was one of the most influential women in my life, behind only my own mother. My Grandmother, Jacqueline Graefe. She would have been 71. An amazing woman. Truly. Not just because she was my Grandmother but she accomplished so much in her life and contributed even more. The world is a better place for having had her in it. 
You can read the tribute I wrote to her here: What You Taught Me.

As a Christian, I know she is having her best birthday yet, and although I miss her greatly,  it comforts me to know there are no more tears. I love you Grandma J. Happy Birthday.
My Aunt Joan, Lori, and Kristi in the back, with my mother, Grandma Jackie, and Aunt Mary in the front. This was an early 80's picture. I love this photo.