Thursday, March 3, 2011

A Church in Topeka, KS Says: "Thank God for Dead Soldiers"

...their right to free speech and their freedom of "religion" has been upheld by the US Supreme Court. You can read about it here..... Their website is godhatesfags.com. They have also held up signs and protested saying, "God Hates Fat People." Being a Christian, this kind of stuff REALLY pisses me off. Makes me understand how true Muslims must feel when such a small percentage of them are extremists, and claim to do horrible things in the name of their "religion" when all they really want is an excuse.
A couple of things I want to point out for one, a legal stand point, and for two general knowledge, is that this "church" is a very small group of people, almost entirely made up of one family. When they started protesting at the funerals of soldiers 5 years ago, they weren't really a church, but later claimed to be in order to continue their protests under, "freedom of religion and freedom of speech".
How do you feel about the Supreme Court upholding the right for these people to protest in the manner that they do?
My personal feelings are this: this group makes me sick and violently angry. Not just because my husband is a soldier and I love our soldiers, so I pretty much want to beat the heck out of every single member of that group for that reason alone, but also because, as I said, I'm a Christian. I know that a lot of horrible stuff has happened in the world under the "name" of religion but those things would have happened regardless of religion or not. It's just the most convenient excuse for anyone to use, such as this group. So the vast majority of Christians are not this way, but this is the kind of crap that makes the news, and therefore people link it all together (they claim to be baptist). So yes, I think these people are sick and perverse and they get my blood boiling. BUT, I agree with the Supreme Court. My husband is serving so they can have that freedom, and in a sick sort of way, all they are doing is proving how great our country really is, and how amazing our military is. They are showing themselves to be the world's greatest hypocrits, and I am proud of a country that will allow these protests. It's what makes us the greatest Nation in the world. No matter how much we disagree with them, and how horrible they sound, we give them a right to voice it. I love my country, I love my faith, and these disgusting people just make it that much more so.