Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Life Update!

AJ & I in Mimi's "spaceship" while I visited Texas in Nov '09
     It's been a while since I have updated this blog about AJ and I, mainly I have been using this space to rant about stuff or to repost other's blogs, etc. The reason for this is a lack of new pictures. I know that pictures aren't necessary for updates but I prefer to add a little bling to my ramblings. But, since AJ is currently deployed, pictures of what we are up to are hard to come by. Therefore, I have added some old photos to our updated blog, just to make me feel better.
     As you know, AJ came home for a couple of weeks for RR at the end of January, which you can read about here, and now he is back to ridiculously high temperatures, lots & lots & lots of sand, a crazy work schedule (the week he got back they were kept at their work site for so many days that some of the guys had grown full beards, they had to rotate being able to sleep an hour or so at a time..), and yummy food from the army dining facility or fabulous MRE's. That's pretty much how the past month has been for him. So, the guys I work with and I got together and sent him a care package, which he received yesterday. This care package included all the toiletry items he could need, snacks (Mmm.. oatmeal cream pies), a toy basketball hoop and soft basketball, a frisbee, AND a waterballoon slingshot that propels water balloons up to 600 ft (with waterballoons)... Needless to say, him and the guys had the best 24 hour shift they've been through in a very long time. Treats were passed around, pranks were played (did I mention I also sent him a fake snake), ultimate frisbee was played (which resulted in a very violent crash between AJ and another guy... no concussion this time, thank goodness..), and a water balloon fight that apparently got a little out of hand (...imagine that..) took place. It was good to hear AJ so upbeat yesterday when I talked to him for a few minutes. I'm just praying that I don't get a call from him one day explaining to me how much trouble he got into with a 600 foot slingshot (they ran out of waterballoons apparently, and have decided to improvise..). Hehehehehehe.. What a goober.
Chuck (AJ's cousin) and AJ at a family reunion, Nov. '09
     Some very exciting news though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is a possibility that AJ will be home at the end or mid April! That would be soooooooooooo amazing! I cannot even express how happy that would make me. He was originally slotted to come home in June. April is just NEXT month!!! But (<---- the most hated word in the military) nothing is official. Right now, the motto is expect June and hope for April. Remember how many times they pushed back his RR? But the possibility is definitely there and that thought alone excites me.
     In other news, most of you know that AJ and I had our pictures done professionally when he came home on RR, you can see previews of them here and here. I should be receiving the final cd of all of the pictures by the end of the week and will be able to start sending them out. :) We don't want to leave out any of our friends and family that would like copies, so if you do, just let me know and we will get them too you (I've already started making a list.) Jessica Woods did the photography and I think she did an amazing job at capturing AJ and I, and I'm very thankful for the work that she did.
AJ's dad, Anthony, playing back-yard baseball.
    Here on the home front, Blitz and I have been keeping busy with work, studying, and lots of playing at parks. We just received our new camera not too long ago so I will be able to start taking pictures of some of our adventures again and post them. When AJ was home, we took him for a check up at the vet and he weighed over 70 lbs and we were told he should continue to gain weight till at least the end of this year. Our big boy! :) AJ and I also just bought a nice new vacuum and a carpet steam cleaner, which I have been pathetically excited about and spent a good part of Saturday shampooing and cleaning just the bar/dining area of our apartment. Yes, my exciting life...
    Next weekend AJ's dad is going to be getting married, so Blitz and I will be driving down to Texas for the wedding. That should be fun and I'll be sure to post updates and pictures on that whenever I can. 
    That's about as good as this update is going to get I think. Life right now is just a waiting game... Waiting for AJ to get back for good this time! That's going to be amazing. To have him in my arms and know that I never have to let him go like this again. That's what's next... :)