Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Taking a page from those that inspire me..

So, I have been looking for a way to motivate myself and keep me going. Something to push me and take me somewhere I haven't been before in my fitness regime. You would think that this "step" that I am taking would be an easy one for me. But it's not. For some reason, although I have always classified myself as a "runner", I have never put myself in that category of "race runner". Why? I am sure we could all analyze this psychologically and my own mental state and blah blah, but for whatever reason, I have helped others train for races and encouraged and rooted others on, but have never signed up for an actual race myself. Sooo... Saturday, July 2nd I will be running in the Independence 10k in Dallas, TX.  July seems a long ways away but April, May, and June are all full of homecoming and military stuff. My best option is July. It's only a 10k, but its my first race and I'm pretty excited about it. AJ is pumped about going and rooting me on. We are going to make a full Fourth of July weekend trip to Dallas out of it and I am really excited.
There are a couple of individuals who have motivated me to finally sign up for my first race: Shea & Courtney. Thank you two so much. You both motivate and inspire me to push myself harder and farther and I'm FINALLY signing up for my first race thanks to you two. I'm pretty excited about it. It's kind of a big deal to me. :) And of course, my remarkable husband is crazy supportive and excited about my finally entering into a race. Yay! Go me!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Fun! I def don't consider myself a runner, but I just signed up for a 10k in April that I'm pretty excited about.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! 10K's are my favorite race!

Courtney said...

Thanks for the shout-out, but this is all you girl! You know you will rock and I have all the confidence in you. And I know you will have a great time knowing that your husband will be at the finish line! Good luck in training and keep it up!

Post a Comment