Thursday, September 1, 2011

Draft Days.. My beautiful team... (Fantasy Football)

Last night we had our fantasy football draft. Me, AJ, & nine other guys met at the party room of pizza hut and spent a little over two hours drafting our players. I had a relatively good time except for one particular guy that I have never been able to stand sitting right across from me. He is the type of person who will say and do anything just to tick you off, as loudly as possible, for two straight hours. Me being the only girl there, he zeroed in on me and was loudly proclaiming what an idiot I was for my draft picks the entire time. Other than that... it was a good time.
We determined our draft order by drawing from a hat, but this is my favorite way to determine it:



I got the ninth round pick, in a ten man league. Ewww. I was pretty bummed.. But after two and a half hours.. My team beautifully came out looking like this:


Peyton Manning          QB



















Cam Newton              QB



















Arian Foster                RB



















Chris Johnson              RB



















Darren McFadden       RB
LaDainian Tomlinson   RB



















Santonio Holmes         WR



















James Jones                WR



















Antonio Brown            WR
Austin Collie                WR
Lee Evans                   WR
Roy Williams               WR
Heath Miller                 TE



















Dustin Keller                TE



















Dan Carpenter              K



















Houston Texans            DEF





















Isn't that a thing of beauty?  At the ninth round pick? It's tear inducing. At least I thought so.. Until I saw my husbands team.. He was seventh round draft pick...  And this is his team...







































Tony Romo                   QB


















Ryan Fitzpatrick            QB
Rashard Mendenhall      RB
LeGarrette Blount          RB
Tim Hightower               RB
Ray Rice                        RB



















Matt Forte                     RB



















Dwayne Bowe               WR



















Calvin Johnson               WR



















Brandon Marshall           WR



















Braylon Edwards            WR
Jermaine Gresham           TE
Jermichael Finley             TE



















Robbie Gould                  K



















Dallas Cowboys              Def



















Baltimore Ravens            Def











































He has a freaking scary team. Not only does he have star RB's but star WR's as well. My only hope is that my better QB's and sleeper WR's come out in full force this year.. We are pretty much our main competition we have decided. =) For those of you still actually reading this post (and I'm assuming it's mainly other FFB players), this is how our league is set up..




















QB- 1


















RB- 2



















WR- 3



















TE- 1


















Def- 1


















K- 1


















RB/WR/TE- 1 (flex position), And 6 players on the bench.  Woot woot! Happy fantasy days ahead everybody! Soooo excited!!