Friday, September 30, 2011

Positive Patti Fail

If it isn't obvious by now, I haven't been doing Positive Patti since Tuesday. I have to say that the endeavor seemed like a much better idea on Friday night when I didn't have an early morning wake-up for work outs. The rest of the week I would have had to get home from my day around 5 pm and then change into a new outfit right in time for dinner. This became less and less appealing for me and I finally just decided, screw it. But, I cannot say that the effort was a total fail. I did come to a couple of conclusions:

First, I do not like dressing in a manner that brings more male attention onto myself. My outfit on Tuesday, with the boots and dress, got a lot more leering looks and even a honk, then any other outfit. I found that annoying. Second, I like my style. I like my workout clothes and my jeans/t-shirt combos. Sometimes I wear skirts or dresses, but for the most part I am pretty casual. I do love high fashion, and maybe if I have a function or vacation where it is warranted I will give it another shot, but I am not the girl that tries to incorporate it into her daily life. And finally, I still always felt better, more alert, and a little more peppy when I took extra time in my appearance then when I didn't. I usually lose the makeup and forget the hair when I am at the gym or training, but when I had it I noticed my confidence level was higher and I did feel better. So good deal.

AJ & I are still recovering from September. But we both love the fall and are getting the pep back into our step. :) Time heals all things, especially when pumpkin cinnamon candles are on the shelves again.