Thursday, September 22, 2011

Health Update

Most of you are aware that I have been completely confused about what is going on with my body. I have been sick quite a bit lately and my last monthly cycle was June 29th, yet all pregnancy tests have come up negative (including two separate blood tests from the Dr's office). 
Last week (the 12th) I went in to the doctor to figure out what in the world is going on. She told me point blank that she has no idea. She did a pelvic exam and took eight vials of blood for testing. She did a thyroid test, multiple different hormone tests, and another pregnancy test. Every single test came up normal and the pregnancy test came out negative.. Again. They scheduled an ultrasound for tomorrow evening, we'll see if anything comes up then. I will keep you posted on the results.
After seeing some of the pictures of the last week, I look dreadful. Bloated and puffy. I knew I had been feeling that way for the past month or more, but didn't realize how much I looked that way too. 
Anyone out there experienced or know anyone that has experienced what I am going through at the moment? No cycle for going on three months. Only the past month has been particularly stressful. Negative pregnancy tests continuously. No thyroid disorder, PCOS, or the like. I've been sick for the past few weeks and I am getting so terribly frustrated.

2 comments:

Geek in Heels said...

Have you considered going to an acupuncturist? I myself didn't really put that much stock in it (even though I'm Asian) until I experienced a minor stroke a few years ago and western medicine did nothing to help, while some courses of acupuncture in addition to Chinese herbal teas helped tremendously. Almost everyone I know who struggled with infertility, or had other female problems, responded well to acupuncture and my mother swears that acupuncture has helped her friends conceive as well.

One downside to acupuncture is that many insurance providers still don't cover it. :-( But if you do decide to check it out, please make sure that you go to a good, reputable doctor, because it has the potential to do as much harm as it can do good. One good sign of a good doctor is that he/she will be tell what's wrong with your body JUST by taking your pulse. I didn't believe it at first, until I witnessed it myself!

Whatever you decide, I hope you know that I'm praying for you and your health!

Leah Stallings Fine Art Photography said...

So I know that you said that it isn't PCOS but I read your posts and you sound SOOOOO MUCH like me and I have it! I know that it goes hand in hand with insulin resistance...have they ever done that blood work? I hope you get feeling better!!!

Post a Comment