Wednesday, September 7, 2011

One.... two....

I've been hearing the phrase "things come in threes" a lot lately and I guess I can add to that sentiment.

First of all, I am still sick. I went home early yesterday (which I HATE to do!) and almost had to call AJ to pick me up. For a little while I got so dizzy I honestly thought I was going to faint. (Yes, I ate yesterday and drank plenty of water). I have still been getting slight cramps constantly and feel sick from time to time. I'm also void of any extra energy. No monthly cycle as of yet (I've now missed two cycles in a row) and all pregnancy tests are still showing negative. I have set up a doctors appointment but the quickest they will get me in is this up coming Monday. For those of you who want to tell me that "stress can do that", I know. But I haven't been stressed except for the last two weeks, and even the past two weeks have been nothing compared to some of the things I went through when AJ was deployed. Plus, despite hormonal break downs from time to time, I have always done fairly well when managing my stress. But, we shall see I guess. 

Then I got a call from my dad. My Aunt was diagnosed with terminal cancer last week. She is a diabetic and they previously thought that her health problems were complications with that until finally discovering the colon cancer that had been slowly taking over her body. She has literally days to live. It is very sudden and no one is quite prepared. This is my father's first sibling to pass away and he doesn't quite know how to take it. She is only a few years older than he is, and both of them are in their 50's. Too young. AJ and I are going to do what we can to go up and be there for my family. Today is my father's birthday.

We also have another slightly less intense health scare in my immediate family, but due to its nature and this individual being pretty private, I won't go into detail. Needless to saw, even though the doctors say its probably nothing, I will still be on pins and needles until that is confirmed.

So I apologize for not being the regular blogger as of late. There has been a lot going on. Hopefully we have completed our three and can now be done for the year.

1 comments:

Geek in Heels said...

I'm so sorry for all you're going through. Hang in there — I'll be keeping you and your family in my prayers! *hugs*

Post a Comment