Saturday, September 10, 2011

Oh hai-r no!

I've been sick a lot lately and as such, I've been feeling pretty blah about myself. Bloated, sick, and gross. That's how I feel all the time. I've started to get into a funk (thank goodness my doctors appointment is finally this Monday). I don't know about other women (or maybe men) out there but when I really start feeling down on myself and gross, going in for a new and upgraded hair do can make me feel like a whole new woman. So today I went in and got it done.
I have done a ton of things with my hair and for the most part, have liked almost everything. This time though, I hate it. I mean I really hate it. For the first time in my life I can understand why girls say they went home and cried after a bad hair job. Especially when I was getting it done to make me feel better! Not only did the girl do a disastrous job on the cut but the color is dreadful. Not much I can do about it now but live with it. AJ says he likes it. Course when I said to him, "There is a difference between not really caring and actually liking it. Do you actually like it?", he just stared at me blankly and then gave me a kiss. So who knows what that means.
I've always been way to polite and nice to tell someone I thought they did a bad job on my hair. I have never been able to get myself to say that. I have had bad hair cuts and times where I thought they could have spent more time on certain areas, but never said anything before. Even now, when I think it is dreadful, I didn't say anything. Do you say anything? What do you do if the person does a bad job or you hate it? How do you politely tell someone that has spent the past two hours on your hair, "This is not what I wanted." ?

Without further ado.. The evidence. I tried my best to make the cut and color look nice in the pictures, I even redid my makeup and forced myself to smile. 

Before:






And After.. Ugh. :(

The front. Excuse the bug eyes.. They were in all the pictures for some reason.


 
Notice the TERRIBLE "layers". What is that??
 
 
And the side. The other side always lays in those weird triangle piece forms. I don't know why. Ugh.

 **Sigh**

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Scottie I'll be honest and say I do like it better blonde BUT it doesn't look "bad" - it looks just fine. When I hate my hair I NEVER say anything lol. It's rare though because I never go to anyone new and if I do I do extensive research first lol. My hair is my baby! :)

Let me know how your dr. appointment goes - I've got an ultrasound this evening. Totally pumped!

Unknown said...

Did I miss an exciting announcement or something?!?! Are you PREGNANT!!!
I agree with the previous comment from Jessica, I do like your hair more blonde but it doesn't look bad at all. I just think that blonde seems to compliment your skin tone more... and I tend to like my own hair more when its blonde too, it's just a little more upkeep than brown. So I gotta tell you I totally cried into my pillow just over a year ago when I got the worst hair cut ever, Travis told me, "It's just hair" and I was like, "Exactly, its my HAIR!!!" I wanted it cut to my shoulder and it ended up being up to my ears, the whole left half of my head were BANGS and it was so unworkable. Anyway I totally know how you feel but you seem to be able to work EVERY kind of look, blonde, brown, red (strawberry blonde), short, long, medium, etc. etc.

Kelly Stadium said...

Nicole- Who knows what is going on with me right now. Lol I have an ultrasound tomorrow though.
I have actually been contemplating just taking this horrible cut of mine, chopping it off into a pixie and dying it blonde again. Since I took those pictures- the red has really washed out and it looks so incredibly dreadful!!
Men just don't get it! AJ was the same way. What's the big deal? I still feel ugly. It's amazing what hair does for us!

Post a Comment