Tuesday, October 25, 2011

YAY for Pictures!!

Ok, so as I promised last Friday, I am updating you all on a few adventures AJ & I have had as of late...

A few weekends ago, him and I had planned on going on a 6 mile hike (we had already done a 4 mile track the week before) in the Wichita Mountains, but unfortunately when we woke up Saturday morning the weather looked like this:
I know it doesn't look like it but it was really rainy!
So, I decided what a perfect day for a little baking! Which looks like this in my house:
Groceries & cook ware! (I can't believe I didn't own a roller!)
My first ever batch of Pumpkin Cookies!!! The dough looks so tasty...
Pumpkin cookies.. for some reason I didn't take a pic of them with the cream cheese frosting??
I also made sugar cookies! Pumpkins and Ghosts! Yay!
Then, that night, AJ & I did the pumpkin carving thing!! YAY!!!! He had NEVER carved a pumpkin before.. Which is just craziness to me.. It was a lot of fun..

Our carving preparations, complete with popcorn for the movie!

Ewww!! Pumpkin goooo!!

Pretty pumpkins! AJ's on left, mine on the right. :)
A rainy day turned aaaamazing in my opinion. Then the next Friday, AJ was let out of work early  and I decided to do the same. Since our puppy Baylee was at the vet that day, AJ, Blitz and I hopped in the car for a fishing trip. It was a beautiful day.
Oddly enough, I was taking pictures of this cute little blue belly sand lizard... Apparently, it REALLY liked me, because it wouldn't leave me alone....
The picture of the lizard I caught. I've always loved these since I was a kid..
Then this little guy hopped onto my leg and just hung out for a while..
Then when Blitz scared him, instead of running away, he ran around and hung out there for a while.
Eventually the little guy ran around and down my other leg.. Where he hung out a little while longer before exiting to the bush on the left. He then sat there and watched AJ & I fish. I think he wanted to go home with us. Lol
I love this picture of AJ fishing that day. :)

After the lizard incident, Blitz stayed pretty dang close to me. :)
I had a pretty little spot myself picked out.
So there you have a little picture update of what him and I have been doing the last couple weeks. This last weekend, like I said in my previous post, I didn't do much of anything but read, read, read. It felt amazing. AJ cleaned the kitchen on Saturday and Sunday night, and even took the dogs to let me just absorb my stories. I love that man.