Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Love & Family: The real thing.

My Grandmother Jackie passed away in February of this year. She was one of the most influential women in my life. Last week my Grandfather Bob came down for the family cabin trip in Idaho. I, of course, was unable to attend but my mother sent me pictures... Especially this one...


There are two reasons this photo is so amazing. First of which, is that these are both my grandpa's. On the left is my Grandpa Bob and on the right is my Grandpa Gooch. My Grandpa Gooch was my Grandmother's first husband. They had 4 girls together (including my mom) and were married for 14 years. After her and him divorced, she married my Grandpa Bob and together they had one girl. 
This is the five of them together:
My Aunt Mary, Kristi, Joan, Mother, and Aunt Lori.
 Who would believe that in society today, both of my Grandpa's could show up for a family get together, months after my Grandmother passes, and sit and talk with one another as friends all night long? It seriously warms my heart. I love both my Grandpa's so, so much. They are inspirational men.


 The next amazing part of this photo, and the one that gets tears rolling from my eyes is this...

My Grandfather still wears his wedding ring. When I look at this, it brings tears to my eyes. They were married for 39 years before my Grandmother passed away from cancer. 

My Grandmother in I when I was in high school.
 I love my and miss my Grandmother ever so much. She was remarkable and truly brought worlds together. I can't wait to get back to Idaho. I haven't been able to see my Grandfather Bob since my Grandmother passed. He lives way up in Northern Idaho and doesn't get down very often. We plan on making a trip to visit him when we get there. True love is never taking off your wedding ring.

1 comments:

She-Ra said...

Just so you know, you look so much like your Mom! You are definitely her daughter.

What a cute story! Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment