Tuesday, October 18, 2011

What I do..

My Clutch Fitness logo!
I'm a certified personal trainer.. Did you know that? I bet you did. Something you probably don't know is that I am not based out of a gym like Gold's or 24 Hour. I have my own training business named Clutch Fitness where I travel to my clients homes to work with them. Right now my business is quite honestly on the ground level because AJ & I will soon be relocating, which means I can't, in good conscious, develop a large clientele and then leave again. This is why I don't expand much about my business on my blog or twitter account. I am getting all the pieces in place for when I finally do move to our permanent location. Although I am working with a few select clients.

*Source
I have many reasons for wanting to have a traveling business instead of a Gym based membership one, but the largest one is that my passion is working with obese clients and aiding them in taking their lives back. I know that when I am not confident and feeling down on myself, the last place I want to be is in a place stripped down to what looks like my pajamas, in rooms full of mirrors and surrounded by buff and fit men and women strutting their stuff. One of my first clients fought tooth and nail with me to not even have to jog outside the first time. After she did, she was proud, but she was so embarrassed even at 5:30 am when it was dark outside.
I'm chomping at the bit to get my business really going because I CAN'T WAIT to show individuals who think they don't have it and have given up on themselves how they can take their life back. 

Let me ask you, what do you expect from a personal trainer? What would keep you from hiring one? Is it just the price? Is it the idea of having to "join a gym"? Is it the commitment? Or how about this, why do you want one? What do you think of when you think "personal trainer"? The more I know, the better I can understand and help!

1 comments:

Di said...

1. I would expect knowledge about exercises to help me achieve whatever goal I bring to you. Nutritional advice would be helpful, but not necessarily expected.

2. Money. Laziness. Time.

3. Not just the price, but that is probably the primary factor for me.

4. Also yes. I hate going to gyms for precisely the reason you state. Everyone there is cute and tiny and can run for 10 miles without sweating.

5. That is a problem, just because my schedule goes through cycles of busy and not busy and exercise is low on my list, thus something that would need to be more flexible timewise.

6. I want one for some of the reasons I don't. Ha! How's that for contradiction. I need someone to hold me accountable and keep a schedule. Also I want someone with the expertise I don't have.

7. Super fit person yelling at me/making me do way more than I am able to do (well obviously I am somewhat able if I'm doing it, but basically expecting more than where I am at physically).

Post a Comment