Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Vacation

My favorite picture I took in Germany (Rothenburg on Easter)
Because I have lived so far away from family for the majority of my adulthood, the term "vacation" was and has always been synonymous with "going to see family." Since being in Oklahoma, AJ & I have gone to Idaho twice and down to Texas several times, each time to visit family. While I lived in Germany, I came home to Idaho a couple times to see my family. Although I did take long weekends to travel to Paris, Switzerland, or various other locations these weren't exactly vacations. 
Don't get me wrong, I love my family and I know how much they love to see me and want to see me but I think of all the amazing places I want to go on vacation. I have incredible friends I am dying to see all over the country and world. There is this amazing friend who just recently started calling Miami home, a few friends I haven't seen in years making it in New York City, a friend who is kicking it down in California, and not to mention the amazing people I would love to go back to Europe to visit. I keep thinking over and over again how badly I want to go see these people that I love and miss so much. How amazing it would be. Right now AJ and I are working our tails off at preparing for next year when we finally get out of the military but once we get there and we get settled down, I want to take a vacation to visit one of our amazing friends. Or maybe more than one. A true honest to goodness vacation. 
Like I said, I love my family and I love seeing them but it's time for a little extended family time I think. Hopefully next summer right before things get heavily going in Idaho. I'm already scheming... 

1 comments:

evieperkins said...

I have a similar problem. For the past seven years since I left Blackfoot, most holidays and three day weekends were spent going home. Because of that, I hadn't even seen a single one of the amazing National Parks in Utah! This year I'm telling my family that I love them, but I'm using some of my time off for adventure.

Post a Comment