Friday, October 28, 2011

My irrational, non-sports loving, little dog toting, girlie side pt. 2...

So,  to my poor husband's dismay, he wasn't able to talk to me on the phone all morning long.. This means I had a full 5 hours to stew on this morning's events. (Which you can read about in, My irrational, non-sports loving, little dog toting, girlie side (pt 1) ). This also means, that my ideas for this weekend and for his make-up to me had enough time to fully form. So when this dear man did finally reach me on my cell phone (which he had an overly chipper and happy tone when I answered), our conversation went like this:

Me: "Ok babe, this is how tonight and tomorrow are going to go.. You no longer have a choice in any of this.."
AJ: "Ok."
Me: "On your way home from work, you are going to pick up soda, one cheese and one pepperoni pizza from Little Caesars. You are then going to wash the dishes and take care of the dogs and basically clean the house before I get home."
AJ: "Check, check, check."
Me: "I on the other hand, am going to stop by Hastings on the way home, and pick up my last book in this series for tonight."
AJ: "Double check."
Me: "When I get home, there will already be pizza there, and the house will be clean. I will read, and you can watch Game 7."
AJ: "Check again."
Me: "Then tomorrow, we are going to wake up relatively early and take the dogs out to play until they cannot physically move anymore."
AJ: "Ok."
Me: "Then you are going to find some sort of activity for us to do before we go to the Greek Restaurant and see Real Steel. It can be a museum, or a flea market, or something. I don't care. It just has to be something completely UNsports related."
AJ: "Really? It can't be sports related?"
Me: "No. No sports."
AJ: "Does put-put count as sports related?"
Me: *Sigh* "I guess it depends on how cold it is outside. If it's cold, its a sport. If its not, its fun."
AJ: "Check"
And this mornings bad start was settled. Plus, once again, I get another new book...